Main Menu > Legal Forms Archive
About this Form: In most jurisdictions, a Petition for Change of Name of Adult must be filed in the county court in which the Petitioner (i.e. the person seeking to change his or her name) lives. Any lawful reason that the Petitioner deems a benefit is typically adequate to satisfy most courts. For example, the Petitioner may prefer a new name due to social or religious reasons. The Petitioner may not change his or her name for purposes of fraud or if it will violate the rights of others. Some courts may require the Petitioner to provide a list of the names and addresses of his or her creditors. The Petitioner should contact the court clerk in the county in which he or she resides to determine the filing fees, docket number, and other local requirements.
Massachusetts Petition for Change of Name of Adult Petition for Change of Name of Adult
Petitioner makes the following declaration:
1. Birth Date and Place: Petitioner was born on _______________________, ______ in ________________________ [city], ________________________ [county], ________________________ [state]. A certified copy of petitioner's birth certificate is attached to this petition.
2. Birth Name: Petitioner was named
____________________________________________ at birth, and as of the date of
this petition, the Petitioner has always been known by that name, with the
following exceptions, if any:
3. Residence: Petitioner resides at _______________________ [insert residential address] and has lived at this address for ________ [insert length of time in months or years at this address].
4. Petitioner's Parents: The father of the Petitioner is named ______________________________________________, and he resides at _____________________________________________________________________________ [insert residential address of father]. The mother of the Petitioner is named ______________________________________________, and she resides at _____________________________________________________________________________ [insert residential address of mother].
5. Reason for Name Change: Petitioner seeks to change his or her
name to ______________________________________________ and offers the following
reason(s) for seeking to do so:
6. Legal and Creditor Status: Petitioner does not have any outstanding judgments, has never been convicted of a crime, and is not involved in any pending legal actions.
7. Additional Declarations: In addition to the foregoing
statements, the Petitioner further declares:
NOW, THEREFORE, the Petitioner requests that the court order the Petitioner's name changed as follows:
I, ______________________________________________[name of Petitioner], affirm under penalty of
perjury that I am the Petitioner in the foregoing Petition to
Change Name of Adult and that all statements in this Petition are accurate to the best of my
Do you want this form for another state? Select one: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
Other Forms You May Need
|"Are these forms valid in my state?" At ILRG, we are committed to delivering top quality legal forms that are valid in all states. We will pay $50 to anyone who brings to our attention any form on our site that is not compliant with U.S. state law. See the terms and conditions for this offer for further information.|
Attorney Referral Network:
Attention attorneys! Would you like to increase your practice's income? ILRG will soon introduce a new service that will help consumers locate and retain legal counsel in an exciting, innovative way. Qualified attorneys in the U.S. and Canada are being given an opportunity for a limited time to pre-register at no cost. Attorneys who pre-register are guaranteed free registration when our new service goes live. Gain new clients! Be a rainmaker at your firm, and sign-up today! [Learn More...]
© 1995-2014 Internet Legal Research Group
A product of Maximilian Ventures LLC
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. 111