How to "Copy & Paste" Text on a Computer Screen
Learning how to "copy and paste" text on a computer screen can save you many hours of typing. You can "copy" the text of any one of our legal forms, for example, and "paste" it into Microsoft Word or any other word processor. It is simple to do once you learn how to do it. Read this page carefully to learn the most important basic computer skill you can have.
1. Place your mouse cursor at the end of the text on the box on the next line.
2. Hold down your LEFT mouse button while you drag the cursor over the text. You will notice that the text is now selected.
3. While the text is selected, release the left mouse button. The text will remain selected.
4. Make sure the mouse pointer is on the selected text and click the RIGHT mouse button. A menu should display.
5. With your LEFT mouse button, click the "Copy" menu item.
6. RIGHT click your mouse cursor in the empty box below. The menu should display.
7. With your LEFT mouse button, click the "Paste" menu item. Your text will be pasted in to the box.
Follow this procedure to "copy" the text of any one of our legal forms and "paste" it into Microsoft Word or any other word processor. This procedure works for text you see on web pages. The text does not have to be in a box as in the example above.
Tip: If you wish to highlight text beyond the immediate screen, continue holding down the left mouse button and drag the cursor onto the grey bar at the bottom of the screen. Additional text will become highlighted. When you have reached the last line you want to copy, release the left mouse button.