PublicLegal, a product of the Internet Legal Research Group (ILRG).
A categorized index of select web sites, as well as thousands legal forms and documents, this site was established to serve as a resource of the
information available on the Internet concerning law and the legal profession, with an
emphasis on the
United States of America.
Designed for everyone--lay persons, legal scholars and practitioners alike--it is curated to include only the most helpful legal resources and information.
We pioneered the business model of free legal documents online -- the first vendor to show the full text of our documents -- now more than 2,000 and growing. The ability to preview and scrutinize our documents in their entirety brought transparency and accountability to the industry. We are the only
legal forms vendor that has a bounty reward program
, open to the public, no purchase necessary, rewarding anyone who can demonstrate a legal defect or compliance issue with one of our forms.
- Business Forms:
Buying & Selling, Borrowing & Lending, Business Ventures, Credit & Collection, Employment, Leases & Real Estate, Protection of Legal Rights, Transfers & Assignments
- Personal Forms:
Estate Planning, Marital & Family, Name Change, Power of Attorney, Health Care
- America's Largest 350 Law Firms
Visit the web sites of the largest 350 law firms in the United States.
- Salaries of Legal Professionals NEW
Is your salary up to par? Learn the average salaries of American law firm partners, associates, and legal assistants.
- ILRG Web Index: (curated content:)
- Continuing Legal Education: Index to the CLE resources on the web and state requirements.
- Lawyers & Law Firms: Features ILRG's index of lawyers & law firms, law firms rankings, essential lawyer locate databases including the West Legal Directory and the Martindale-Hubbell Lawyer Locator, legal employment databases, and a listing of other major web indices of law firm web sites.
- Legal Associations: Non-profit associations and organizations on the web, including professional associations at the local, state, national, and international levels.
- Legal Experts: Index to sources on the web to locate a legal expert and other consultants.
- Legal Forms Sources: In case you do not find the legal form you need within our our collection, see our listing of other sources for law-related forms.
- U.S. Corporate & Business Forms, Filing Instructions: Check here to find a comprehensive index to legal forms that have been promulgated by U.S. state governments, as well as links to the applicable corporations act and other information helpful to the registry of business entities. These forms have been designed to meet statutory requirements and to facilitate filing.
- U.S. Federal & State Government Statutes and Codes: A national directory of U.S. and states' codes available online.
- Law School Course Outlines Archive
An archive of 100 freely downloadable outlines for a broad range of law school courses, including Civil Procedure, Constitutional Law, Contracts, Criminal Law, Property, and Torts. Other outlines include Business Associations, Federal Income Tax, Insurance, International Litigation & Arbitration, and Professional Responsibility. In addition, learn about our law outline purchase program.
- Law School Rankings
- 2020 Raw Data Law School Rankings NEW
A sortable index to all 200 ABA accredited U.S. law schools, based upon the raw data reported by each school. See also our Tuition and Salaries rankings.
- 2020 Law School Profiles NEW
An alphabetized index to all U.S. law schools. Complete profiles on each that include all the above information, as well as links to their web sites, online law school applications, and more!
- The Rankings Web Index
An index to all major law school rankings accessible online.
- Thomas E. Brennan's Judging the Law Schools
Former Michigan Supreme Court Chief Justice releases his own rankings of American law schools in an effort to remove subjective criteria from "traditional" rankings.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis of American Law Schools
This report re-indexes "the top 50 law schools," based on popular law school rankings, into a cost-of-living adjusted median salary.
- Legal Study Abroad HQ
The most extensive collection of online legal study abroad materials in existence anywhere, this feature of ILRG was created in collaboration with the Texas International Law Society. It contains information, brochures, and contact information for all study abroad programs approved by the American Bar Association, as well as contact information for almost every law school in the world.
- ILRG Web Index: (curated content:)
- Law Journals: All law reviews & journals on the web.
- Law Schools: All law schools with web sites.
- Law Students: Categorized index of web sites of interest to students of the law hand-picked by a group of law students from the University of Texas.
- Pre-Law: Categorized index of web sites of interest to those who wish to attend law school hand-picked by a group of law students from the University of Texas.