Albany Law School of Union University
80 New Scotland Avenue
#27 in Library Size
Albany Law ranks #27 in terms of library size with 749,251 volumes or equivalents.
#53 in Public Sector Salary
Albany Law is tied for #53 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($59,000).
#61 in Presence of Female Faculty
Albany Law is tied for #61 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (43.2%).
#64 in Employment Rate at Graduation
#71 in Employment Rate at 10 MonthsAlbany Law ranks #64 in terms of graduates employed at the time of graduation (53.6%) and #71 in terms of graduates employed ten months after graduation (80.0%).
#83 in Highest Tuition
Albany Law ranks #83 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($47,450). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
#90 in Private Sector Salary
Albany Law is tied for #90 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($73,000).
#115 in Median LSAT
Albany Law is tied for #115 in terms of the median LSAT score (153) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#127 in Presence of Minority Faculty
Albany Law ranks #127 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (10.8%).
#130 in Median Undergraduate GPA
Albany Law ranks #130 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.32) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#131 in Acceptance Rate
Albany Law ranks #131 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 54.6% among those who applied for admission.
#143 in Student to Faculty Ratio
Albany Law is tied for #143 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (8.1:1).
#146 in Bar Passage Rate
Albany Law ranks #146 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (70.6%), and it underperforms by -5.1% the state of New York’s overall bar passage rate of 75.7%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#152 in Presence of Minority Students
Albany Law ranks #152 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (23.2%).
Fall 2020 Application Information
|Application Deadline:||June 1|
|LSAT Score (Median)||153||152|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||151-156||149-154|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||3.06-3.62||2.98-3.54|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||NY||NY|
|School's bar passage rate:||70.6%||74.5%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||75.7%||72.7%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-5.1%||+1.8%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||53.6%||41.7%|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||80.0%||72.5%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$10,750||$9,950|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||91.7%||89.8%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$26,000||$19,000|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$100,386||$125,157|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||83.2%||88.0%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||8.1 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$73,000||$60,000|
|Public Sector (Median):||$59,000||$55,146|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||749,251||740,594|