University of Dayton School of Law
300 College Park
#89 in Student to Faculty Ratio
Dayton Law is tied for #89 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (6.9:1).
#97 in Presence of Minority Faculty
Dayton Law ranks #97 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (12.5%).
#104 in Presence of Female Faculty
Dayton Law is tied for #104 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (39.1%).
#117 in Acceptance Rate
Dayton Law ranks #117 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 51.9% among those who applied for admission.
#123 in Presence of Minority Students
Dayton Law ranks #123 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (27.9%).
#130 in Private Sector Salary
Dayton Law is tied for #130 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($64,000).
#131 in Public Sector Salary
Dayton Law is tied for #131 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($50,000).
#142 in Median Undergraduate GPA
Dayton Law ranks #142 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.29) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#156 in Employment Rate at Graduation
#165 in Employment Rate at 10 MonthsDayton Law ranks #156 in terms of graduates employed at the time of graduation (25.0%) and #165 in terms of graduates employed ten months after graduation (63.5%).
#157 in Bar Passage Rate
Dayton Law ranks #157 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (67.3%), and it underperforms by -8.1% the state of Ohio’s overall bar passage rate of 75.4%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#166 in Median LSAT
Dayton Law is tied for #166 in terms of the median LSAT score (149) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#167 in Library Size
Dayton Law ranks #167 in terms of library size with 209,192 volumes or equivalents.
#184 in Highest Tuition
Dayton Law ranks #184 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($34,580). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
Fall 2020 Application Information
|Application Deadline:||May 1|
|LSAT Score (Median)||149||148|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||146-152||144-151|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||3.03-3.56||2.84-3.43|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||OH||OH|
|School's bar passage rate:||67.3%||66.2%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||75.4%||80.8%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-8.1%||-14.6%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||25.0%||27.9%|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||63.5%||72.9%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$16,000||$16,000|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||82.3%||74.2%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$27,000||$12,000|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$101,615||$115,740|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||80.8%||89.4%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||6.9 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$64,000||$55,000|
|Public Sector (Median):||$50,000||$50,000|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||209,192||193,670|