University of Detroit Mercy
651 E. Jefferson Avenue
#7 in Presence of Minority Students
Detroit Mercy Law ranks #7 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (69.7%).
#61 in Presence of Female Faculty
Detroit Mercy Law is tied for #61 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (43.2%).
#82 in Public Sector Salary
Detroit Mercy Law is tied for #82 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($55,000).
#94 in Presence of Minority Faculty
Detroit Mercy Law ranks #94 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (12.6%).
#108 in Library Size
Detroit Mercy Law ranks #108 in terms of library size with 385,270 volumes or equivalents.
#108 in Highest Tuition
Detroit Mercy Law ranks #108 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($44,220). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
#131 in Bar Passage Rate
Detroit Mercy Law ranks #131 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (73.6%), and it underperforms by -1.5% the state of Michigan’s overall bar passage rate of 75.1%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#136 in Median LSAT
Detroit Mercy Law is tied for #136 in terms of the median LSAT score (152) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#142 in Acceptance Rate
Detroit Mercy Law ranks #142 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 56.1% among those who applied for admission.
#148 in Median Undergraduate GPA
Detroit Mercy Law ranks #148 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.27) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#175 in Private Sector Salary
Detroit Mercy Law is tied for #175 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($51,490).
#181 in Student to Faculty Ratio
Detroit Mercy Law is tied for #181 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (11.0:1).
Fall 2020 Application Information
|Application Deadline:||May 1 (priority deadline)|
|LSAT Score (Median)||152||151|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||149-155||147-155|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||3.06-3.51||2.85-3.34|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||MI||MI|
|School's bar passage rate:||73.6%||67.2%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||75.1%||72.5%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-1.5%||-5.3%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||N/A||N/A|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||47.7%||46.4%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$11,682||$12,746|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||42.2%||32.9%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$20,000||$9,731|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$126,454||$137,047|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||39.5%||62.3%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||11.0 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$51,490||$55,000|
|Public Sector (Median):||$55,000||$59,000|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||385,270||379,046|