University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS2321
#61 in Student to Faculty Ratio
UI Law is tied for #61 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (6.3:1).
#62 in Public Sector Salary
UI Law is tied for #62 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($57,000).
#66 in Presence of Female Faculty
UI Law is tied for #66 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (42.5%).
#115 in Median LSAT
UI Law is tied for #115 in terms of the median LSAT score (153) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#115 in Library Size
UI Law ranks #115 in terms of library size with 369,718 volumes or equivalents.
#122 in Private Sector Salary
UI Law is tied for #122 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($65,000).
#122 in Presence of Minority Faculty
UI Law ranks #122 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (11.0%).
#132 in Bar Passage Rate
UI Law ranks #132 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (73.4%), and it underperforms by -5.9% the state of Idaho’s overall bar passage rate of 79.3%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#142 in Presence of Minority Students
UI Law ranks #142 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (24.5%).
#150 in Highest Tuition (out-of-state)
#253 in Highest Tuition (in-state)UI Law ranks #150 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students for its out-of state tuition of $38,622, and it ranks #253 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students for its in-state tuition of $20,968. We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates. Room and board expenses average $10,654 per year.
#151 in Median Undergraduate GPA
UI Law ranks #151 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.25) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#175 in Acceptance Rate
UI Law ranks #175 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 63.5% among those who applied for admission.
Fall 2020 Application Information
|Application Deadline:||March 15|
|LSAT Score (Median)||153||151|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||148-155||147-155|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||2.93-3.55||2.94-3.44|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||ID||ID|
|School's bar passage rate:||73.4%||65.8%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||79.3%||73.2%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-5.9%||-7.4%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||N/A||N/A|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||66.7%||75.6%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$10,654||$9,902|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||55.5%||38.9%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$7,500||$6,000|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$92,924||$81,993|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||88.5%||84.9%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||6.3 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$65,000||$50,000|
|Public Sector (Median):||$57,000||$52,625|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||369,718||390,067|