University of San Francisco
2130 Fulton Street
#4 in Public Sector Salary
USF Law is tied for #4 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($71,000).
#16 in Presence of Minority Students
USF Law ranks #16 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (58.9%).
#22 in Presence of Minority Faculty
USF Law ranks #22 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (21.4%).
#39 in Student to Faculty Ratio
USF Law is tied for #39 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (5.9:1).
#45 in Presence of Female Faculty
USF Law is tied for #45 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (44.6%).
#64 in Highest Tuition
USF Law ranks #64 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($49,820). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
#66 in Private Sector Salary
USF Law is tied for #66 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($80,000).
#135 in Acceptance Rate
USF Law ranks #135 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 55.5% among those who applied for admission.
#136 in Median LSAT
USF Law is tied for #136 in terms of the median LSAT score (152) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#152 in Library Size
USF Law ranks #152 in terms of library size with 277,275 volumes or equivalents.
#155 in Employment Rate at Graduation
#172 in Employment Rate at 10 MonthsUSF Law ranks #155 in terms of graduates employed at the time of graduation (25.5%) and #172 in terms of graduates employed ten months after graduation (60.8%).
#161 in Median Undergraduate GPA
USF Law ranks #161 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.19) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#182 in Bar Passage Rate
USF Law ranks #182 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (51.8%), and it underperforms by -6.5% the state of California’s overall bar passage rate of 58.3%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
Fall 2020 Application Information
|Application Deadline:||February 1|
|LSAT Score (Median)||152||152|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||151-155||149-154|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||2.96-3.42||2.85-3.38|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||CA||CA|
|School's bar passage rate:||51.8%||62.1%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||58.3%||60.2%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-6.5%||+1.9%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||25.5%||22.8%|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||60.8%||46.7%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$19,350||$18,000|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||57.1%||47.1%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$30,000||$23,000|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$174,825||$162,434|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||80.6%||79.3%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||5.9 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$80,000||$76,500|
|Public Sector (Median):||$71,000||$56,750|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||277,275||280,268|