Villanova University (Widger)
299 N. Spring Mill Road
#31 in Acceptance Rate
Villanova Law ranks #31 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 29.5% among those who applied for admission.
#53 in Employment Rate at 10 Months
#53 in Employment Rate at GraduationVillanova Law ranks #53 in terms of graduates employed ten months after graduation (82.4%) and #53 in terms of graduates employed at the time of graduation (57.9%) .
#61 in Median Undergraduate GPA
Villanova Law ranks #61 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.57) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#64 in Median LSAT
Villanova Law is tied for #64 in terms of the median LSAT score (158) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#66 in Private Sector Salary
Villanova Law is tied for #66 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($80,000).
#73 in Library Size
Villanova Law ranks #73 in terms of library size with 478,600 volumes or equivalents.
#74 in Presence of Female Faculty
Villanova Law is tied for #74 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (42.1%).
#90 in Highest Tuition
Villanova Law ranks #90 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($46,535). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
#116 in Bar Passage Rate
Villanova Law ranks #116 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (76.6%), and it underperforms by -3.0% the state of Pennsylvania’s overall bar passage rate of 79.6%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#144 in Presence of Minority Students
Villanova Law ranks #144 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (24.4%).
#149 in Public Sector Salary
Villanova Law is tied for #149 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($48,847).
#155 in Student to Faculty Ratio
Villanova Law is tied for #155 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (8.6:1).
#156 in Presence of Minority Faculty
Villanova Law ranks #156 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (8.8%).
Fall 2020 Application Information
|Application Deadline:||April 1|
|LSAT Score (Median)||158||155|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||154-160||152-158|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||3.35-3.74||3.27-3.74|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||PA||PA|
|School's bar passage rate:||76.6%||94.6%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||79.6%||80.8%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-3.0%||+13.8%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||57.9%||48.2%|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||82.4%||77.7%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$16,650||$16,650|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||71.9%||74.1%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$42,080||$28,368|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$99,140||$110,792|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||67.1%||72.1%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||8.6 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$80,000||$78,500|
|Public Sector (Median):||$48,847||$50,000|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||478,600||559,846|