Western Michigan University (Cooley)
300 S. Capitol Avenue
#26 in Library Size
Cooley Law ranks #26 in terms of library size with 753,000 volumes or equivalents.
#27 in Presence of Minority Students
Cooley Law ranks #27 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (52.5%).
#53 in Student to Faculty Ratio
Cooley Law is tied for #53 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (6.1:1).
#57 in Highest Tuition
Cooley Law ranks #57 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($50,750). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
#76 in Presence of Minority Faculty
Cooley Law ranks #76 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (14.2%).
#145 in Presence of Female Faculty
Cooley Law is tied for #145 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (34.5%).
#187 in Bar Passage Rate
Cooley Law ranks #187 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (43.9%), and it underperforms by -31.8% the state of Michigan’s overall bar passage rate of 75.7%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#188 in Median Undergraduate GPA
Cooley Law ranks #188 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.02) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#194 in Acceptance Rate
Cooley Law ranks #194 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 86.1% among those who applied for admission.
#194 in Median LSAT
Cooley Law is tied for #194 in terms of the median LSAT score (142) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
Fall 2020 Application Information
|LSAT Score (Median)||142||143|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||139-147||138-147|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||2.64-3.33||2.51-3.19|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||MI||MI|
|School's bar passage rate:||43.9%||61.5%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||75.7%||72.5%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-31.8%||-11.0%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||N/A||N/A|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||47.2%||44.1%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$12,030||$9,000|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||43.0%||N/A|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$16,909||$15,488|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||N/A||N/A|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||N/A||N/A|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||6.1 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||N/A||$45,000|
|Public Sector (Median):||N/A||$49,801|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||753,000||724,364|