Widener University (Commonwealth)
3800 Vartan Way
#96 in Highest Tuition
Widener Law Commonwealth ranks #96 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($45,870). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
#109 in Public Sector Salary
Widener Law Commonwealth is tied for #109 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($52,000).
#111 in Private Sector Salary
Widener Law Commonwealth is tied for #111 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($69,000).
#138 in Presence of Minority Students
Widener Law Commonwealth ranks #138 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (25.3%).
#141 in Bar Passage Rate
Widener Law Commonwealth ranks #141 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (71.4%), and it underperforms by -8.2% the state of Pennsylvania’s overall bar passage rate of 79.6%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#151 in Employment Rate at 10 Months
#160 in Employment Rate at GraduationWidener Law Commonwealth ranks #151 in terms of graduates employed ten months after graduation (67.2%) and #160 in terms of graduates employed at the time of graduation (23.0%) .
#162 in Presence of Female Faculty
Widener Law Commonwealth is tied for #162 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (32.1%).
#166 in Student to Faculty Ratio
Widener Law Commonwealth is tied for #166 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (9.1:1).
#169 in Acceptance Rate
Widener Law Commonwealth ranks #169 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 62.1% among those who applied for admission.
#171 in Library Size
Widener Law Commonwealth ranks #171 in terms of library size with 196,222 volumes or equivalents.
#174 in Median Undergraduate GPA
Widener Law Commonwealth ranks #174 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.11) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#185 in Median LSAT
Widener Law Commonwealth is tied for #185 in terms of the median LSAT score (147) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#189 in Presence of Minority Faculty
Widener Law Commonwealth ranks #189 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (3.8%).
Fall 2020 Application Information
|Application Deadline:||May 15|
|LSAT Score (Median)||147||148|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||145-148||145-151|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||2.83-3.45||2.82-3.39|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||PA||PA|
|School's bar passage rate:||71.4%||81.1%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||79.6%||80.8%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-8.2%||+0.3%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||23.0%||20.4%|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||67.2%||67.3%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$12,150||$11,034|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||94.1%||78.1%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$12,909||$10,000|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$141,044||$148,496|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||86.8%||91.0%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||9.1 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$69,000||$50,000|
|Public Sector (Median):||$52,000||$49,000|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||196,222||195,454|