25 E. Jackson Boulevard
#25 in Presence of Minority Faculty
DePaul Law ranks #25 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (20.4%).
#37 in Presence of Female Faculty
DePaul Law is tied for #37 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (45.6%).
#59 in Student to Faculty Ratio
DePaul Law is tied for #59 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (6.2:1).
#72 in Presence of Minority Students
DePaul Law ranks #72 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (36.9%).
#78 in Highest Tuition
DePaul Law ranks #78 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($48,166). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
#92 in Library Size
DePaul Law ranks #92 in terms of library size with 427,987 volumes or equivalents.
#93 in Employment Rate at Graduation
#139 in Employment Rate at 10 MonthsDePaul Law ranks #93 in terms of graduates employed at the time of graduation (45.2%) and #139 in terms of graduates employed ten months after graduation (69.6%).
#101 in Public Sector Salary
DePaul Law is tied for #101 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($53,750).
#113 in Private Sector Salary
DePaul Law is tied for #113 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($68,000).
#115 in Median LSAT
DePaul Law is tied for #115 in terms of the median LSAT score (153) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#147 in Bar Passage Rate
DePaul Law ranks #147 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (70.3%), and it underperforms by -8.7% the state of Illinois’s overall bar passage rate of 79.0%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#149 in Acceptance Rate
DePaul Law ranks #149 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 58.7% among those who applied for admission.
#158 in Median Undergraduate GPA
DePaul Law ranks #158 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.20) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
Fall 2020 Application Information
|Application Deadline:||March 1|
|LSAT Score (Median)||153||152|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||150-154||149-154|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||2.94-3.41||3.07-3.49|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||IL||IL|
|School's bar passage rate:||70.3%||86.9%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||79.0%||85.0%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-8.7%||+1.9%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||45.2%||30.1%|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||69.6%||69.2%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$14,170||$14,170|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||96.0%||96.2%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$19,000||$15,000|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$133,268||$131,148|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||80.1%||83.5%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||6.2 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$68,000||$60,000|
|Public Sector (Median):||$53,750||$46,000|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||427,987||421,235|