Florida A&M University
201 Beggs Avenue
#4 in Presence of Minority Faculty
Florida A&M Law ranks #4 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (70.9%).
#5 in Presence of Minority Students
Florida A&M Law ranks #5 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (71.1%).
#16 in Presence of Female Faculty
Florida A&M Law is tied for #16 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (50.0%).
#93 in Library Size
Florida A&M Law ranks #93 in terms of library size with 425,707 volumes or equivalents.
#100 in Student to Faculty Ratio
Florida A&M Law is tied for #100 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (7.0:1).
#107 in Acceptance Rate
Florida A&M Law ranks #107 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 49.1% among those who applied for admission.
#142 in Private Sector Salary
Florida A&M Law is tied for #142 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($60,000).
#179 in Median Undergraduate GPA
Florida A&M Law ranks #179 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.09) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#181 in Public Sector Salary
Florida A&M Law is tied for #181 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($41,700).
#184 in Bar Passage Rate
Florida A&M Law ranks #184 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (49.6%), and it underperforms by -18.3% the state of Florida’s overall bar passage rate of 67.9%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#187 in Highest Tuition (out-of-state)
#273 in Highest Tuition (in-state)Florida A&M Law ranks #187 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students for its out-of state tuition of $34,035, and it ranks #273 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students for its in-state tuition of $14,132. We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates. Room and board expenses average $13,240 per year.
#189 in Median LSAT
Florida A&M Law is tied for #189 in terms of the median LSAT score (146) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
Fall 2020 Application Information
|LSAT Score (Median)||146||147|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||145-149||144-149|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||2.79-3.36||2.72-3.26|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||FL||FL|
|School's bar passage rate:||49.6%||73.2%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||67.9%||72.1%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-18.3%||+1.1%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||N/A||N/A|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||51.1%||43.1%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$13,240||N/A|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||18.3%||N/A|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$2,500||N/A|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$61,500||N/A|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||100.0%||N/A|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||7.0 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$60,000||N/A|
|Public Sector (Median):||$41,700||N/A|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||425,707||N/A|