Florida Coastal School of Law
8787 Baypine Road
#7 in Presence of Female Faculty
Florida Coastal is tied for #7 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (55.9%).
#35 in Presence of Minority Faculty
Florida Coastal ranks #35 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (19.1%).
#41 in Presence of Minority Students
Florida Coastal ranks #41 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (43.5%).
#62 in Acceptance Rate
Florida Coastal ranks #62 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 37.8% among those who applied for admission.
#126 in Student to Faculty Ratio
Florida Coastal is tied for #126 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (7.8:1).
#142 in Highest Tuition
Florida Coastal ranks #142 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($39,900). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
#157 in Median LSAT
Florida Coastal is tied for #157 in terms of the median LSAT score (150) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#169 in Median Undergraduate GPA
Florida Coastal ranks #169 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.14) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#174 in Public Sector Salary
Florida Coastal is tied for #174 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($44,999).
#176 in Library Size
Florida Coastal ranks #176 in terms of library size with 137,164 volumes or equivalents.
#177 in Private Sector Salary
Florida Coastal is tied for #177 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($50,000).
#188 in Bar Passage Rate
Florida Coastal ranks #188 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (42.5%), and it underperforms by -25.4% the state of Florida’s overall bar passage rate of 67.9%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
Fall 2020 Application Information
|LSAT Score (Median)||150||145|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||147-153||141-148|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||2.83-3.36||2.54-3.30|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||FL||FL|
|School's bar passage rate:||42.5%||60.8%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||67.9%||72.1%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-25.4%||-11.3%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||N/A||N/A|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||46.6%||45.2%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$5,786||$10,970|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||62.4%||98.9%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$19,183||$11,000|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$138,204||$160,942|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||84.9%||93.5%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||7.8 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$50,000||$45,000|
|Public Sector (Median):||$44,999||$42,250|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||137,164||139,335|