1536 Hewitt Avenue
#17 in Presence of Female Faculty
Hamline Law is tied for #17 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (49.1%).
#94 in Public Sector Salary
Hamline Law is tied for #94 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($54,516).
#112 in Presence of Minority Students
Hamline Law ranks #112 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (30.0%).
#113 in Highest Tuition
Hamline Law ranks #113 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($43,534). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
#117 in Student to Faculty Ratio
Hamline Law is tied for #117 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (7.6:1).
#127 in Library Size
Hamline Law ranks #127 in terms of library size with 341,010 volumes or equivalents.
#130 in Presence of Minority Faculty
Hamline Law ranks #130 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (10.7%).
#142 in Private Sector Salary
Hamline Law is tied for #142 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($60,000).
#148 in Median LSAT
Hamline Law is tied for #148 in terms of the median LSAT score (151) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#154 in Bar Passage Rate
Hamline Law ranks #154 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (68.4%), and it underperforms by -11.7% the state of Minnesota’s overall bar passage rate of 80.1%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#156 in Acceptance Rate
Hamline Law ranks #156 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 59.5% among those who applied for admission.
#158 in Employment Rate at Graduation
#164 in Employment Rate at 10 MonthsHamline Law ranks #158 in terms of graduates employed at the time of graduation (23.8%) and #164 in terms of graduates employed ten months after graduation (63.6%).
#169 in Median Undergraduate GPA
Hamline Law ranks #169 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.14) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
Fall 2020 Application Information
|LSAT Score (Median)||151||153|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||147-155||149-156|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||2.86-3.50||3.00-3.52|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||MN||MN|
|School's bar passage rate:||68.4%||75.2%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||80.1%||83.7%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-11.7%||-8.5%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||23.8%||29.2%|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||63.6%||74.4%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$13,800||$17,407|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||100.0%||100.0%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$25,732||$22,436|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$98,371||$107,359|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||68.5%||90.1%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||7.6 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$60,000||$61,000|
|Public Sector (Median):||$54,516||$46,854|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||341,010||582,959|