121 Hofstra University
#23 in Highest Tuition
Hofstra Law ranks #23 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($59,214). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
#25 in Public Sector Salary
Hofstra Law is tied for #25 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($61,000).
#54 in Library Size
Hofstra Law ranks #54 in terms of library size with 559,291 volumes or equivalents.
#60 in Employment Rate at 10 Months
#82 in Employment Rate at GraduationHofstra Law ranks #60 in terms of graduates employed ten months after graduation (81.0%) and #82 in terms of graduates employed at the time of graduation (48.9%) .
#69 in Presence of Minority Students
Hofstra Law ranks #69 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (37.3%).
#95 in Private Sector Salary
Hofstra Law is tied for #95 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($70,000).
#98 in Acceptance Rate
Hofstra Law ranks #98 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 48.1% among those who applied for admission.
#105 in Median Undergraduate GPA
Hofstra Law ranks #105 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.42) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#109 in Presence of Female Faculty
Hofstra Law is tied for #109 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (38.5%).
#115 in Median LSAT
Hofstra Law is tied for #115 in terms of the median LSAT score (153) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#115 in Student to Faculty Ratio
Hofstra Law is tied for #115 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (7.5:1).
#141 in Presence of Minority Faculty
Hofstra Law ranks #141 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (9.8%).
#155 in Bar Passage Rate
Hofstra Law ranks #155 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (68.2%), and it underperforms by -7.5% the state of New York’s overall bar passage rate of 75.7%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
Fall 2020 Application Information
|Application Deadline:||April 15|
|LSAT Score (Median)||153||151|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||148-155||147-155|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||3.11-3.67||2.99-3.60|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||NY||NY|
|School's bar passage rate:||68.2%||73.7%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||75.7%||72.7%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-7.5%||+1.0%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||48.9%||36.3%|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||81.0%||71.9%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$18,722||$17,252|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||71.1%||71.9%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$32,500||$26,095|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$136,811||$125,300|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||77.8%||77.1%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||7.5 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$70,000||$65,000|
|Public Sector (Median):||$61,000||$55,000|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||559,291||586,005|