530 W. New York Street
#36 in Presence of Female Faculty
IU McKinney Law is tied for #36 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (45.7%).
#61 in Student to Faculty Ratio
IU McKinney Law is tied for #61 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (6.3:1).
#72 in Highest Tuition (out-of-state)
#210 in Highest Tuition (in-state)IU McKinney Law ranks #72 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students for its out-of state tuition of $49,254, and it ranks #210 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students for its in-state tuition of $29,190. We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates. Room and board expenses average $12,706 per year.
#92 in Median Undergraduate GPA
IU McKinney Law ranks #92 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.45) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#98 in Employment Rate at 10 Months
#136 in Employment Rate at GraduationIU McKinney Law ranks #98 in terms of graduates employed ten months after graduation (77.0%) and #136 in terms of graduates employed at the time of graduation (33.5%) .
#115 in Median LSAT
IU McKinney Law is tied for #115 in terms of the median LSAT score (153) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#149 in Bar Passage Rate
IU McKinney Law ranks #149 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (69.3%), and it underperforms by -3.6% the state of Indiana’s overall bar passage rate of 72.9%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#151 in Presence of Minority Faculty
IU McKinney Law ranks #151 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (9.3%).
#158 in Acceptance Rate
IU McKinney Law ranks #158 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 59.6% among those who applied for admission.
#164 in Library Size
IU McKinney Law ranks #164 in terms of library size with 231,044 volumes or equivalents.
#168 in Presence of Minority Students
IU McKinney Law ranks #168 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (21.4%).
Fall 2020 Application Information
|Application Deadline:||July 31|
|LSAT Score (Median)||153||152|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||149-156||148-156|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||3.14-3.66||3.03-3.55|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||IN||IN|
|School's bar passage rate:||69.3%||79.1%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||72.9%||79.4%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-3.6%||-0.3%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||33.5%||39.4%|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||77.0%||76.0%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$12,706||$11,860|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||60.5%||70.3%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$11,274||$13,000|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$97,062||$106,114|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||82.8%||83.3%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||6.3 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||N/A||$60,000|
|Public Sector (Median):||N/A||$46,988|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||231,044||475,431|