John Marshall Law School
315 S. Plymouth Court
#31 in Presence of Minority Faculty
JMLS ranks #31 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (19.5%).
#46 in Presence of Minority Students
JMLS ranks #46 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (42.7%).
#70 in Public Sector Salary
JMLS is tied for #70 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($56,000).
#82 in Highest Tuition
JMLS ranks #82 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($47,500). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
#98 in Employment Rate at Graduation
#128 in Employment Rate at 10 MonthsJMLS ranks #98 in terms of graduates employed at the time of graduation (43.5%) and #128 in terms of graduates employed ten months after graduation (71.6%).
#105 in Presence of Female Faculty
JMLS is tied for #105 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (39.0%).
#132 in Student to Faculty Ratio
JMLS is tied for #132 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (8.0:1).
#142 in Private Sector Salary
JMLS is tied for #142 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($60,000).
#142 in Bar Passage Rate
JMLS ranks #142 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (71.2%), and it underperforms by -7.8% the state of Illinois’s overall bar passage rate of 79.0%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#158 in Median Undergraduate GPA
JMLS ranks #158 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.20) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#161 in Library Size
JMLS ranks #161 in terms of library size with 255,725 volumes or equivalents.
#166 in Median LSAT
JMLS is tied for #166 in terms of the median LSAT score (149) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#183 in Acceptance Rate
JMLS ranks #183 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 65.0% among those who applied for admission.
Fall 2020 Application Information
|LSAT Score (Median)||149||148|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||146-152||145-151|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||2.80-3.50||2.75-3.36|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||IL||IL|
|School's bar passage rate:||71.2%||84.5%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||79.0%||85.0%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-7.8%||-0.5%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||43.5%||37.0%|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||71.6%||69.7%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$14,904||$16,800|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||69.0%||81.6%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$20,000||$12,000|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$165,131||$162,264|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||83.3%||82.2%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||8.0 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$60,000||N/A|
|Public Sector (Median):||$56,000||N/A|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||255,725||264,174|