Loyola University Chicago
25 E. Pearson Street
#28 in Presence of Female Faculty
Loyola Law Chicago is tied for #28 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (47.4%).
#34 in Public Sector Salary
Loyola Law Chicago is tied for #34 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($60,000).
#53 in Student to Faculty Ratio
Loyola Law Chicago is tied for #53 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (6.1:1).
#65 in Private Sector Salary
Loyola Law Chicago is tied for #65 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($80,500).
#76 in Highest Tuition
Loyola Law Chicago ranks #76 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($48,506). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
#77 in Median LSAT
Loyola Law Chicago is tied for #77 in terms of the median LSAT score (157) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#83 in Acceptance Rate
Loyola Law Chicago ranks #83 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 45.8% among those who applied for admission.
#91 in Presence of Minority Students
Loyola Law Chicago ranks #91 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (32.6%).
#93 in Employment Rate at 10 Months
#110 in Employment Rate at GraduationLoyola Law Chicago ranks #93 in terms of graduates employed ten months after graduation (77.5%) and #110 in terms of graduates employed at the time of graduation (41.4%) .
#99 in Median Undergraduate GPA
Loyola Law Chicago ranks #99 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.43) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#102 in Library Size
Loyola Law Chicago ranks #102 in terms of library size with 403,787 volumes or equivalents.
#105 in Bar Passage Rate
Loyola Law Chicago ranks #105 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (77.8%), and it underperforms by -1.2% the state of Illinois’s overall bar passage rate of 79.0%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#122 in Presence of Minority Faculty
Loyola Law Chicago ranks #122 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (11.0%).
Fall 2020 Application Information
|Application Deadline:||March 1|
|LSAT Score (Median)||157||158|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||154-160||155-160|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||3.18-3.60||3.07-3.55|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||IL||IL|
|School's bar passage rate:||77.8%||83.5%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||79.0%||85.0%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-1.2%||-1.5%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||41.4%||32.1%|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||77.5%||71.8%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$16,000||$16,000|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||91.8%||100.0%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$26,000||$12,000|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$112,367||$133,052|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||72.5%||84.7%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||6.1 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$80,500||$63,750|
|Public Sector (Median):||$60,000||$48,000|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||403,787||401,712|