151 E. Griffith Street
#50 in Presence of Minority Faculty
Mississippi College ranks #50 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (16.9%).
#52 in Presence of Female Faculty
Mississippi College is tied for #52 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (43.7%).
#57 in Employment Rate at Graduation
#180 in Employment Rate at 10 MonthsMississippi College ranks #57 in terms of graduates employed at the time of graduation (55.7%) and #180 in terms of graduates employed ten months after graduation (55.7%).
#64 in Presence of Minority Students
Mississippi College ranks #64 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (39.3%).
#101 in Library Size
Mississippi College ranks #101 in terms of library size with 403,959 volumes or equivalents.
#120 in Private Sector Salary
Mississippi College is tied for #120 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($67,000).
#152 in Student to Faculty Ratio
Mississippi College is tied for #152 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (8.4:1).
#166 in Public Sector Salary
Mississippi College is tied for #166 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($45,000).
#171 in Acceptance Rate
Mississippi College ranks #171 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 62.5% among those who applied for admission.
#173 in Median LSAT
Mississippi College is tied for #173 in terms of the median LSAT score (148) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#176 in Bar Passage Rate
Mississippi College ranks #176 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (57.1%), and it underperforms by -6.9% the state of Mississippi’s overall bar passage rate of 64.0%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#176 in Highest Tuition
Mississippi College ranks #176 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($35,510). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
#182 in Median Undergraduate GPA
Mississippi College ranks #182 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.05) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
Fall 2020 Application Information
|Application Deadline:||July 15|
|LSAT Score (Median)||148||146|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||145-151||142-150|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||2.70-3.52||2.73-3.33|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||MS||MS|
|School's bar passage rate:||57.1%||45.8%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||64.0%||86.7%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-6.9%||-40.9%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||55.7%||22.3%|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||55.7%||61.7%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$12,375||$12,375|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||62.8%||50.5%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$15,000||$20,000|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$119,500||$129,000|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||81.9%||70.5%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||8.4 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$67,000||$55,000|
|Public Sector (Median):||$45,000||$45,000|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||403,959||400,913|