Ave Maria School of Law
1025 Commons Circle
#72 in Presence of Minority Students
Ave Maria Law ranks #72 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (36.9%).
#120 in Highest Tuition
Ave Maria Law ranks #120 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($42,206). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
#134 in Acceptance Rate
Ave Maria Law ranks #134 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 55.1% among those who applied for admission.
#142 in Private Sector Salary
Ave Maria Law is tied for #142 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($60,000).
#148 in Presence of Minority Faculty
Ave Maria Law ranks #148 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (9.5%).
#152 in Presence of Female Faculty
Ave Maria Law is tied for #152 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (33.3%).
#161 in Student to Faculty Ratio
Ave Maria Law is tied for #161 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (9.0:1).
#166 in Public Sector Salary
Ave Maria Law is tied for #166 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($45,000).
#173 in Median LSAT
Ave Maria Law is tied for #173 in terms of the median LSAT score (148) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#179 in Bar Passage Rate
Ave Maria Law ranks #179 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (53.4%), and it underperforms by -14.5% the state of Florida’s overall bar passage rate of 67.9%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#181 in Library Size
Ave Maria Law ranks #181 in terms of library size with 88,810 volumes or equivalents.
#182 in Median Undergraduate GPA
Ave Maria Law ranks #182 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.05) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
Fall 2020 Application Information
|Application Deadline:||July 15|
|LSAT Score (Median)||148||148|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||145-151||142-153|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||2.73-3.34||2.71-3.39|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||FL||FL|
|School's bar passage rate:||53.4%||54.4%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||67.9%||72.1%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-14.5%||-17.7%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||N/A||9.1%|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||49.4%||45.5%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$14,562||$13,131|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||68.1%||88.4%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$28,000||$15,000|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$128,079||$134,071|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||86.1%||77.3%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||9.0 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$60,000||$40,000|
|Public Sector (Median):||$45,000||$45,000|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||88,810||82,110|