South Texas College of Law Houston
1303 San Jacinto Street
#17 in Public Sector Salary
South Texas is tied for #17 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($62,000).
#29 in Presence of Minority Students
South Texas ranks #29 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (52.0%).
#47 in Library Size
South Texas ranks #47 in terms of library size with 594,605 volumes or equivalents.
#60 in Presence of Minority Faculty
South Texas ranks #60 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (15.5%).
#91 in Private Sector Salary
South Texas is tied for #91 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($72,500).
#119 in Presence of Female Faculty
South Texas is tied for #119 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (37.3%).
#148 in Median LSAT
South Texas is tied for #148 in terms of the median LSAT score (151) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#156 in Bar Passage Rate
South Texas ranks #156 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (67.9%), and it underperforms by -6.6% the state of Texas’s overall bar passage rate of 74.5%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#158 in Employment Rate at Graduation
#169 in Employment Rate at 10 MonthsSouth Texas ranks #158 in terms of graduates employed at the time of graduation (23.8%) and #169 in terms of graduates employed ten months after graduation (62.1%).
#162 in Acceptance Rate
South Texas ranks #162 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 60.7% among those who applied for admission.
#176 in Median Undergraduate GPA
South Texas ranks #176 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.10) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#181 in Student to Faculty Ratio
South Texas is tied for #181 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (11.0:1).
#195 in Highest Tuition
South Texas ranks #195 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($32,400). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
Fall 2020 Application Information
|Application Deadline:||March 15|
|LSAT Score (Median)||151||150|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||148-154||147-153|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||2.84-3.36||2.78-3.34|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||TX||TX|
|School's bar passage rate:||67.9%||83.6%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||74.5%||77.1%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-6.6%||+6.5%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||23.8%||N/A|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||62.1%||72.8%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$13,770||$13,770|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||52.8%||53.3%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$6,750||$3,000|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$119,841||$121,767|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||77.4%||74.6%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||11.0 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$72,500||$80,000|
|Public Sector (Median):||$62,000||$53,000|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||594,605||591,147|