Southern University Law Center
2 Roosevelt Steptoe Dr.
#3 in Presence of Minority Faculty
SULC ranks #3 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (75.2%).
#8 in Presence of Minority Students
SULC ranks #8 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (68.3%).
#27 in Presence of Female Faculty
SULC is tied for #27 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (47.8%).
#175 in Bar Passage Rate
SULC ranks #175 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (57.8%), and it underperforms by -18.8% the state of Louisiana’s overall bar passage rate of 76.6%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#185 in Acceptance Rate
SULC ranks #185 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 65.2% among those who applied for admission.
#189 in Student to Faculty Ratio
SULC is tied for #189 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (17.0:1).
#191 in Median LSAT
SULC is tied for #191 in terms of the median LSAT score (144) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#193 in Median Undergraduate GPA
SULC ranks #193 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (2.83) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#213 in Highest Tuition (out-of-state)
#268 in Highest Tuition (in-state)SULC ranks #213 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students for its out-of state tuition of $29,090, and it ranks #268 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students for its in-state tuition of $16,490. We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates. Room and board expenses average $14,000 per year.
Fall 2020 Application Information
|Application Deadline:||February 28|
|LSAT Score (Median)||144||144|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||142-146||141-147|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||2.55-3.13||2.53-3.16|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||LA||LA|
|School's bar passage rate:||57.8%||55.8%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||76.6%||69.3%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-18.8%||-13.5%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||N/A||N/A|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||48.8%||57.6%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$14,000||$12,600|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||15.0%||8.1%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$7,000||$3,000|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$94,447||$86,708|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||100.0%||93.9%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||17.0 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||N/A||$56,000|
|Public Sector (Median):||N/A||$43,000|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||N/A||471,839|