University of Richmond
203 Richmond Way
#22 in Student to Faculty Ratio
Richmond Law is tied for #22 in terms of lowest student to faculty ratio (5.1:1).
#38 in Acceptance Rate
Richmond Law ranks #38 in terms of student selectivity with an acceptance rate of 31.9% among those who applied for admission.
#43 in Median LSAT
Richmond Law is tied for #43 in terms of the median LSAT score (161) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students. The LSAT measures reading comprehension, analytical reasoning, and logical reasoning.
#53 in Private Sector Salary
Richmond Law is tied for #53 in terms of the median starting salary among graduates working in private practice as law firm associates ($85,000).
#55 in Median Undergraduate GPA
Richmond Law ranks #55 in terms of highest median undergraduate GPA (3.59) among those applicants granted admission who enrolled as full-time students.
#56 in Employment Rate at 10 Months
#79 in Employment Rate at GraduationRichmond Law ranks #56 in terms of graduates employed ten months after graduation (81.9%) and #79 in terms of graduates employed at the time of graduation (51.0%) .
#58 in Presence of Female Faculty
Richmond Law is tied for #58 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are female (43.3%).
#74 in Library Size
Richmond Law ranks #74 in terms of library size with 473,746 volumes or equivalents.
#95 in Public Sector Salary
Richmond Law is tied for #95 in terms of median starting salary among graduates working in government jobs or judicial clerkships at the federal or state level ($54,000).
#102 in Highest Tuition
Richmond Law ranks #102 in terms of highest tuition among full-time law students ($44,700). We rank from a total of 283 tuition rates from 194 law schools, ranking twice those law schools that have different in-state and out-of-state tuition rates.
#129 in Presence of Minority Students
Richmond Law ranks #129 in terms of the highest percentage of students who are racial or ethnic minority (26.5%).
#133 in Bar Passage Rate
Richmond Law ranks #133 in terms of bar passage rate among first-time test takers (73.1%), and it underperforms by -2.4% the state of Virginia’s overall bar passage rate of 75.5%. (A national comparison on this metric should be taken in a qualified sense and with caution, because every state has a different bar passage rate.)
#174 in Presence of Minority Faculty
Richmond Law ranks #174 in terms of the highest percentage of faculty who are racial or ethnic minority (7.8%).
Fall 2020 Application Information
|Application Deadline:||March 1|
|LSAT Score (Median)||161||158|
|LSAT Score (25th-75th percentile)||156-162||155-161|
|GPA Range (25th-75th percentile)||3.24-3.69||3.23-3.66|
Bar Exam Statistics
|State in which most graduates took bar exam:||VA||VA|
|School's bar passage rate:||73.1%||86.2%|
|State overall bar passage rate:||75.5%||72.3%|
|School bar pass rate vs. state bar pass rate:||-2.4%||+13.9%|
|Graduates employed at graduation:||51.0%||31.5%|
|Graduates employed 10 months after graduation:||81.9%||81.9%|
Tuition and Expenses
|Room and Board:||$12,330||$11,250|
|Proportion of full-time students receiving grants:||69.0%||55.9%|
|Median grant amount among full-time students:||$30,000||$20,000|
|Average indebtedness of those who incurred debt:||$85,487||$110,665|
|Proportion of graduates who incurred debt:||68.5%||62.8%|
|View National Comparison|
Students & Faculty
|Student Racial Demographics:||
|Student-to-Faculty Ratio:||5.1 : 1||N/A|
Full-Time Starting Salaries
|Private Sector (Median):||$85,000||$61,800|
|Public Sector (Median):||$54,000||$49,000|
|View National Comparison|
|Volumes and equivalents:||473,746||470,389|