Main Menu > Legal Forms Archive
Kansas Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care Decisions
GENERAL STATEMENT OF AUTHORITY GRANTED
I, _____________________________, designate and appoint:
Telephone Number: _______________________
to be my agent for health care decisions and pursuant to the language stated below, on my behalf to:
(1) Consent, refuse consent, or withdraw consent to any care, treatment, service or procedure to maintain, diagnose or treat a physical or mental condition, and to make decisions about organ donation, autopsy and disposition of the body;
(2) make all necessary arrangements at any hospital, psychiatric hospital or psychiatric treatment facility, hospice, nursing home or similar institution; to employ or discharge health care personnel to include physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, dentists, nurses, therapists or any other person who is licensed, certified or otherwise authorized or permitted by the laws of this state to administer health care as the agent shall deem necessary for my physical, mental and emotional well being; and
(3) request, receive and review any information, verbal or written, regarding my personal affairs or physical or mental health including medical and hospital records and to execute any releases of other documents that may be required in order to obtain such information.
In exercising the grant of authority set forth above my agent for health care decisions shall:
(Here may be inserted any special instructions or statement of the principal's desires to be followed by the agent in exercising the authority granted).
LIMITATIONS OF AUTHORITY
(1) The powers of the agent herein shall be limited to the extent set out in writing in this durable power of attorney for health care decisions, and shall not include the power to revoke or invalidate any previously existing declaration made in accordance with the natural death act.
(2) The agent shall be prohibited from authorizing consent for the following items:
(3) This durable power of attorney for health care decisions shall be subject to the additional following limitations:
This power of attorney for health care decisions shall become effective (immediately and shall not be affected by my subsequent disability or incapacity or upon the occurrence of my disability or incapacity).
Any durable power of attorney for health care decisions I have previously made is hereby revoked.
(This durable power of attorney for health care decisions shall be revoked by an instrument in writing executed, witnessed or acknowledged in the same manner as required herein or set out another manner of revocation, if desired.)
Executed this ____________, at _________________________, Kansas.
This document must be: (1) Witnessed by two individuals of lawful age who are not the agent, not related to the principal by blood, marriage or adoption, not entitled to any portion of principal's estate and not financially responsible for principal's health care; OR (2) acknowledged by a notary public.
STATE OF ________________________ )
COUNTY OF _______________________ )
This instrument was acknowledged before me on __________ (date) by _________________ (name of person).
__________________________________ (Signature of notary public)
(Seal, if any)
My appointment expires:__________________________
Other Forms You May Need
|"Are these forms valid in my state?" At ILRG, we are committed to delivering top quality legal forms that are valid in all states. We will pay $50 to anyone who brings to our attention any form on our site that is not compliant with U.S. state law. See the terms and conditions for this offer for further information.|
Attorney Referral Network:
Attention attorneys! Would you like to increase your practice's income? ILRG will soon introduce a new service that will help consumers locate and retain legal counsel in an exciting, innovative way. Qualified attorneys in the U.S. and Canada are being given an opportunity for a limited time to pre-register at no cost. Attorneys who pre-register are guaranteed free registration when our new service goes live. Gain new clients! Be a rainmaker at your firm, and sign-up today! [Learn More...]
© 1995-2013 Internet Legal Research Group
A product of Maximilian Ventures LLC
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. 111