To end a marriage in which at least one minor child has been born, you must file a Petition for Divorce or Dissolution of Marriage in the county in which either you or your spouse reside. (In some states, the Petition is referred to as a Complaint.) Additional supporting documentation, such as a child custody agreement and parenting plan, must accompany your filing. Select your state below to preview a sample petition (complaint), which is intended to provide you with a general idea as to the kind of information needed when preparing a divorce filing. Purchase the document set to receive the complete and official petition for divorce package. These documents are no-fault divorce forms -- intended for use only by couples who agree on all terms of the divorce.